Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Unintelligible Musings and Complaints.

I don't dress well. It occurred to me today in my rampant state of trying to make it to chapel on time, in the five minutes I had left to put on clothing.
Sometimes, this bothers me. I can't explain why other than I do enjoy clothing. I enjoy fabrics and unique pieces, and I like being eclectic. But the fact is, my desire for simplicity overrules the desire to dress well. I don't really shop. Most of the clothing I own was free, and a lot of it is gone now back into the thrift life-cycle.

Ah, why is this in my brain today? I see lots of girls with tons of clothes (some of them definitely being my friends, no worries), with awesome fashions and cool things. And I think, hm I could come up with that; if I had the clothes. But I don't. And I think I feel more at ease with myself about that. But I wonder if my feeling of being looked down on for not dressing very well with tons of outfits is just my imagination. I mean, I won't change who I am and what I wear to be a groupie, but it seems so hypocritical to own a lot of clothes. I can't wrap my head around it.
I want to make people feel good about themselves, but I'm not going to sacrifice myself for it.

Perhaps this seems harsh. I'm sure it is. There is a lot going through my head these days. Right now, clothes just sprang to my mind.


Along with Palin. oi. life is but on the edge of a knife.

No comments: