Sunday, February 22, 2009

shane claiborne, and all the southern mother teresas

Park Street at 7pm yesterday: a gathering of nose-ringed-dred-locked-salvo-clothed-college kids, I'm-a-young-mother-but-that-doesn't-stop-me-from-being-here women, later-middle-aged-button-up-just-came-from-the-business-meeting gentlemen, we've-been-recycling-and-eating-organic-since-you-folks-were-born couples, I've-worn-this-shirt-all-week guys, and I-go-to-gordon folks.

Especially the latter.

Well, I specify (or unspecify) the stereotype for a sort of reason. We were all there, we all laughed at the same jokes, sang the same songs (and did a little howdy-ho knee slapping in our heads), we were challenged with the same challenges.

The Simple Way

Awesome weekend spent in Boston.
In other news, I am taking next semester off. I said it.

I got a lovely yellow candle today, lemongrass and orange. It smells sweet like lemon-lime soda. It smells SO GOOD. I didn't even have to burn it, it smelled up my whole room. That's when you know you're in the presence of a good candle.

No comments: