Monday, May 4, 2009

I wish that I could embody this moment right now.

It’s odd. caffeinated, juxtaposed.

confusing. awareness of contingencies soon to happen…

Relax those shoulders with the exhale,

I’ve been sitting all day. I’m sitting so much. Basic metabolic rate

seething in my direction, foaming at the mouth-

raging inside like a pantomime at a conference.

Steady now, raise you face

upwards, talk amongst yourselves, lessen the blow

around the ring of posies,

and a poser-

stalling for time, tall as a building,

a knockout. Celluliteless.

Un-aged by time or trauma. Toxic to timidity,

and stumbling over words wont to spill

kindred spirits of this life, and why do you leave so often?

I wonder why you are so far fetched at times-

when I feel like I need you most.

Far fetched. Like a wandering idea, a furious bull

tangible and torrential

unending, unending unending uneeeeeennding

I’ve run out of things, I’ve run out-

manage without:

Catcher! Oh my Catcher!

snatch me from the lip. the absolute

lip.



No comments: