Tuesday, June 9, 2009

things n things

BLOG to follow: http://22ropes.blogspot.com/

It is the blog of the community house of which I am now a part. We are on a great adventure. And so far, it's . I have no words.

I have no internet at my house, so everything is slowing down and I can't post often. poo.

-------------------------------------------

The crumpled bodies of worms,
moist and pallid one day--
dried and browned the next;
as it is with most things.
The small sort of warmth of your hand on
my shoulder, sitting quite still. Voicing
prayers of wax, melting and re-forming
into the shapes of our bodies.
We are so close together,
barely touching with a slight sway
in your direction, and a wisp of your hair.
It is heated from the sun, dark and unruly--
climbing about your face and toggling your beard
with many fingers.

All things pass away, even this.
even this.
Soon, you are going
to the rain and snow--
And I will stay here.

Your teeth are hiding- glimpsing the air slowly
out one side of your mouth,
and that little tilt of your head to the right.
Your hair is quite long now,
different. As you are.
even this.

No comments: