Tuesday, October 21, 2008

and everybody here will evaporate

Today is a good day.

I feel the week being stuffed to every minute, but right now I can sit here and look at my roommate sitting in the sun and appreciate the beauty that is outside and all around.

I still cannot smell, but I believe my room smells somewhat like a pumpkin field.

I cannot wait for warm spices and cider, and cranberry-everythings.

Oh I love cooking with cranberries. so versatile. I learned yesterday from Meredith that there is a killer recipe for lentil cookies. Yes. Lentil. And so I imagine for Thanksgiving I will be making some killer vegetarian dishes- and I imagine spice-and dried-fruit-laden lentil cookies may be in order. I will be looking up that recipe very soon.

Thank God for the internet. Seriously. I mean, I can find pretty much whatever information I need on here- so I can let the precedent of factual knowledge take more of a backseat and I can focus on intellectual and philosophical thinking and communication. So much for the information age! It is the thinking age, friends. We need to be moving towards that with great speed. Education is lacking a lagging behind and our children are suffering from not being taught how to think for themselves. Let's engage the internet, the text messaging, IM. Let's communicate with each other in every way possible- to speak to people where they are. Not forgetting the beauty of face:face communication- but striving to include the world that our children are living in. So that they can feel like they are moving forward in their education; striving for a higher understanding of the use of technology in real communication. Let us learn to communicate. Let's learn to write our thought effectively- not just regurgitate information that is written in badly-communicative text books from the eighties.

These are not random thoughts of mine, but rather something I have been thining for a long time. None of it is close ot being perfected.

------------
and everybody here is cloud
and everybody here will evaporate
cause you came up from the ground
from a million little pieces
have you found where your place is?
have you found where your place is?
have you found where your place is?

you've been spending your time
thinking about why you think so much
if there was ever a time
now would be the time to see
your time here is limited

and everybody here is a crowd
we all walk around with a million faces
somebody turn the lights out
there's so much more to see
in the darkest places
in the darkest places
in the darkest places

everybody here is waiting for the next creation
they say come come come

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

I found it fascinating how you related ease of access to knowledge to the ability to more freely think!

What a thought.

And it's true, but I wonder in what way. How does greater knowledge enable or possibly hinder one's philosophical perspective?

It is interesting in Plato's day, that those who were able to pursue study in non immanent things (i.e. manual labor, familial skills) were those who were financially secure. They simply had more time to use and thus were able to pursue studies in things such as science, math, astronomy and of course philosophy.

To consider the ease of access to information is fascinating. How does this enable one to use their 'leisure of mind' to pursue thinking, contemplating and philosophical consideration in ways not possible in ages past?