Monday, November 7, 2011

need inspiration

So I'm back from new york, singing the praises of Sleep No More, the Hungarian Cafe, the Brooklyn Flea, dear friends, and carafes of wine. Thank you, all.

I've unofficially begun a 'city tour' that will hopefully inspire me towards a goal for the future. I'm startign to realize that my inspiration has run a bit dry here in Beverly; I need change, I need new sights, new challenges. It's getting too easy to sit in my bed and browse Facebook or whatever. My art is lacking, I feel, just, dry. Not totally dry, but approaching dry. The fact that I can see and recognize it for what it is-- is at least a good thing. We're going to Chicago for Thanksgiving; which I'm super pumped about. We're hopefully meeting up with a theatre group there called Barrel of Monkeys; and I want to check out the theatre scene. Improv Capital. And then after that, Philly at some point; maybe before Christmas.

So I will stick around until June; the lease is up then, also I need to finish one. last. class.
but then, I think I'm out of here.

It is not good riddance. No. I don't have harsh feelings towards this place; in fact I love it. I love a lot of people here. My dearest friends are here (though they're starting to spread out--helping feed my need to leave, I think). My family is close by; my baby nephew is growing up so much between my fairly frequent visits. My grandmother is growing older. How can I leave? I don't know.

In other news, the show was GREAT (I should log away the idea that I'm in post-show depression right now. adding to the dryness) and I really do miss Jane now that she's gone. She hasn't really come back to visit yet, but I'm still running lines in my head from force of habit (usually when I'm trying to fall asleep.) The show had a really good response, and I am very pleased. I do wish more pople had been able to come--we had only about 3 full houses in our run (this is unusual for us, as of late), but it was an unknown show, not a musical, and the PR wasn't that great. Oh well. We fully enjoyed every performance and every audience member who came out. thank you, everyone, for the fun and the laughter!

2 comments:

the Crow himself said...

Thank you, Bekah. The show has not left me yet.

I want to hear more about New York.

For now, at least, we are still in the same town. Let's meet up and talk transience!

bekah anne said...

yes, do let's.